Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

pregnancy updates (week31-32)

at my last check-up, i found out that i potentially have a gestational diabetes situation. i did the pee-on-the-stick thingy as usual, and instead of not changing color as per my previous check-ups, it turned a ferocious red. i thought i did something wrong. then i thought, am i bleeding? but no, i wasn’t. so i hurried to the nurse’s station & showed it to her. she tut-tut-ed me saying “haiya, your sugar lah!!” so, this friday, im on mc (again) as i have to go get a glucose challenge test done. that will take ½ day so the husband & i have decided we will check into a hotel after that to make use of our complimentary gift certificate.

other than that, we found that the baby is penyet-ing his face against the womb yet again. this is the 3rd check-up where hes doing this. the doctor says, when hes born, we’ll find that he likes to snuggle. in fact, get this, the doctor said that he was using the placenta as a bolster. can you believe it?? as a bolster?? oh ya… and apparently hes got curly hair. muahahaha… so farnee. “maybe follow the dad” says the doctor. i cannot believe it lah!!! it seems semua pun follow the dad. is nothing of the mom’s worth inheriting? of course we couldn’t see the curls but the doctor could, & she was even using the cursor to point at the curls “see, look at the curls here.”

i am now 59.2kg with the baby at 1.7kg. my back aches are horrendous. i cannot wait for the time when i can go for a full body massage. maybe go to a chiropractor and ask for a back re-alignment. the boobs are a-hurting something fierce. i gots indigestion & heartburn & am so horribly unattractive as i burp myself away in the office. my poor colleagues. the husband offers his support by saying “wow. that was a good one huh?” hehehe… i find myself craving for mcdonald’s oreo mcflurry ice creams every now & again. i cant take the sundaes cos they’re too sweet for my taste. im in my office now & i only just sent a text to my office boy asking him to buy me one. i hope he got my message. if not, i’ll have to drive out & buy one on the way back.

we got a name for blub… however i don’t trust the husband to stick to it. the fickle-minded guy. harummpfff!! anyhoo, i wont be making any announcements till after the little guy comes. just in case i change my mind during the delivery. who knows i might wanna name him after the doctor ke. but then my doctor’s a lady. hmm…

last night i did some more laundry for the baby’s clothes. so cute to see the clothes hanging hehehe. reminds me of the times when i used to live with my sister & do her kids laundry for her. but it can be annoying too. cos small sizes are kinda difficult to hang on adult-sized hangers. sometimes i find myself fighting with the hangers. literally. then the husband has to come in & calm me down hahaha. ada kah… gaduh with hanger?? tsk tsk... blame it on the hormones.

i got a zit on my face. so disappointing. i was hoping for clear skin. instead, i get a zit. ok lah one zit. hehehe… but that’s enough to mar the beauty. hehehe…

ok end of entry cos this momma is feeling tiredness.

No comments: