Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 16, 2007

i am pregnant

yes i am.

menstruation-wise, i am exactly 7 days late today. 5 days into this bodily-cycle tardiness, i decided to take a home pregnancy test which turned out positive before i could even say "baby". of course, the husband & i thought that maybe it was faulty. so the next day, i tried out another test of a different brand. this time i did it in the little girls' room at work. positive again. later that night, we went to a 24-hour clinic to doubly-confirm my situation. positive yet again.

so, if theres any doubt, its thoroughly squashed now.

the GP told me that i was 3 weeks + 6 days pregnant last night (therefore 4 weeks today) & im due on 31 july 2oo8. but i took one of the many pregnancy calculator you can find over the 'net & it says im 4 weeks + 1 day pregnant today and my due delivery date 19 july 2008. i think the best thing for me to do is to go visit a proper gynea.

it hasnt really sunk in yet. probably because i've been so busy at work so i've not really thought about it. the physical symptoms are just like pms, its true. sore breasts, bloated tummy, fatigue.

i'm happy to be pregnant, yes thats true. my first reaction though was one of relief. haha. i've always had this fear that i was not able to conceive. so, i'm relieved that all my parts are in working condition. im also a bit scared & nervous. cos hey, something is happening to my body that has never happened to me ever before right.

whatever i'm feeling, this i do know, that my love for this child is in the essence of my very being.

i hope you'll grow healthy & strong baby. i love you.

No comments: