Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 15, 2008

gripes

- don’t ask me why i'm wearing 1-inch heels in my pregnancy. my pre-pregnancy shoes were all skinny 4-inch heels. i’ve come a long way. & yes, i will be wearing flats as soon as my bonus comes in. unless you want to buy me shoes?

- don’t ask me why i'm not wearing big clothes. i am wearing bigger clothes. but i also don’t wish to look like a fool drowning in fabric.

- don’t sarcastically tell me that the new big clothes i just bought will not fit me for very long & that i should’ve had the sense to buy even bigger sizes. firstly, refer to above. secondly, of course they won’t fit for very long. im pregnant & im growing.

- don’t ask me why i like to wear tight clothes. they’re not tight. they’re stretch-ables & i wouldn’t wear them if they were uncomfortable. i want to rejoice in my pregnancy. not hide it under a tent. if you look at me & feel uncomfortable, you go wear a tent.

- don’t smoke in front of me. im pregnant. please be courteously considerate.

- don’t tell me i can’t exercise. the doctor says its encouraged and she knows better than you, you medical school drop-out.

- don’t think that your claim as a grandparent over-rides my claim as a parent. the “grand” doesn’t make you greater. it just means that my son will have the joy of knowing all his grandparents. not have three sets of parents.

- don’t insist again & again that it’s a girl (although even if it was, i wouldn’t mind). the doctor with all her new scientific scanning technology is a safer bet than your naked-eye-gauge of the shape of my tummy.

- don’t pick on the pregnant lady. she might not be very lady-like after that.

- don’t ask me why i'm still driving myself to work. do you think my husband doesn’t work & can play chauffeur to me all day ah? as it is the poor soul has to take public transport to work.

- don’t ask me why i'm already showing in my 4th month. i don’t know. do you know your body so well? can you control your growth?

- don’t tell me “you’re so big lahhh!!” or call me “hey fatty”. it so does not make sense especially as i’m still smaller than you and i’m the pregnant one. besides, i’m supposed to be bigger. who expects pregnant women to have a flat tummy? you dum-dum. you rude dum-dum.

- don’t ask me if im still eating maggi mee. of course i am. what am i? perfect? i'm just not eating it as often as i used to.

- don’t keep asking me if i'm hungry. i'm not. & if i were, i’ll eat. trust me enough not to starve myself or my child.

- don’t keep saying i have to eat for two now (read excerpts below) just because you think pregnant women should be big. my tummy is growing & i am already gaining weight. besides, my doctor says more weight will be gained by the 3rd trimester.

i. Do I really need to "eat for two?"
While you are pregnant, you will need additional nutrients to keep you and your baby healthy. But, that does not mean you need to eat twice as much. You should only eat an extra 300 calories per day. A baked potato has 120 calories. So getting these extra 300 calories doesn't take a lot of food.

ii. During pregnancy, it is not necessary to eat for two. It is only necessary for you to eat enough food rich in nutrient that will help your baby to grow and also more calories than you before you became pregnant for it will really help to meet the needs of your baby most especially in growth.


okie dokie? comprende??

1 comment:

groovychick said...

note to self: you're so pathetic, you left a note to yourself.